Marechal Carmona Park
Created in the 40s, this large green area results from the joining of the gardens of Palácio Condes Castro Guimarães (Counts of Castro Guimarães Palace) with the property of the Viscount of Gandarinha, in the town of Cascais.
Since the first half of the 16th century, the space had already being used as a recreational, leisure and production estate. In 1834 after becoming State property, it had several owners until it was finally purchased by the Viscount of Gandarinha, who built a romantic park here. The garden of Palácio Condes Castro Guimarães (Counts of Castro Guimarães Palace) is also characterised by a touch of romanticism and, in 1944, after the Gandarinha land was acquired, the two areas were united and open to the public.
The park has vast lawns, herbaceous flowerbeds and bushes, a wood with large trees and pathways with a touch of romanticism. The Park also includes a section of the Ribeira dos Mochos, lakes, a picnic area and a field for traditional games.
Children's playground area, coffee shop, walking circuit, picnic area, field for traditional games, parking